Tuesday, October 12, 2010

(Laura and her CNA, Cerissa...oh! and Mr. Pumpkin, too! ☺)

Today, Laura was hooked up to the IV all day with 3 different antibiotics and 2 units of blood.

She says the best part of her day was when Lisa went to get the clippers and Cerissa, her CNA, cut off her hair.

She's been having headaches and Lisa asked Dr. Tongol about it. He ordered a CT scan right about dinner time and thankfully, it came back negative. He wanted to make sure she wasn't having bleeding on the brain.

Other good news: Dr. Tongol now says she can walk around 2 times a day... Yea!

"I continue to be thankful for my family, friends, and the strangers that give blood and platelets everyday for people like me," says Laura.

She's also thankful that Lisa is there. "Lisa is great!"

2 comments:

Emily said...

I am so thankful to have such a strong, loving mama.

p.s. that's a good-looking head

Tobi said...

I agree with Emily! That's such a great looking head. See you on Saturday. :)