Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Dr. Jani came by...

Dr. Jani came by this morning to see Laura.

He had just come from a meeting with Dr. Tongol (and other doctors, I'm sure) and he wanted to let Laura know how glad he was with the final results of the bone marrow biopsy.

While he was there, he explained some of the science of cancer. He also talked about how much he likes Laura.

He said that she is the "kindest, ....(insert other adjectives that I can't remember), most positive patient I have. I wish all of my patients were like Laura. I mean that. I'm not just saying that because she's sitting right here."

Ms. Dye came over later and I was telling her about Dr. Jani's comment and she said "She lives that way. It wasn't something she had to learn."

(I like both of those people!)

In other news, Dr. Tongol told Laura that she has bottomed out...which I think means her counts are as low as they get. Now, I'm no doctor, but if this is "bottomed out" then I'm feeling pretty good about how she's handling all of this.

In my opinion, she looks great. She's been feeling a little lethargic, but her spirits are good and she's still walking around a few times a day and eating.

And Dr. Jani's words were "she looks very good."

So there, you stinky cancer cells!! Laura's gonna win! Nana nana boo boo!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW! So much good news this last two days!! Carrie, your posts are wonderful for those of us who check in often. And I know it's meant so much to Laura for you to be there. I love you both,

Olivia

Carrie said...

love you, too...

Sandra said...

Everybody at the school is so excited about the good news but we won't stop praying for we know that is what sustains her (and her family)!

Tobi said...

Mom and I are sooo happy to hear this! :)