Monday, November 24, 2008

Update

Laura had her first round of chemo on Thursday. On Friday, she was given an injection to increase her white blood cell count. She came to Atlanta on Friday night. We (Harv, Sarah, Hannah, and me) are here as well.

She is now experiencing pain in her bones - because of the Friday injection - as well as slight nausea. Sitting still is difficult for her. She wants to be busy doing things, but doesn't feel quite up to it.

Things that are a comfort to her right now are: being at Mama's and Papa's; eating my first-ever homemade vegetable soup (supervised by Laura - - with some her fresh-frozen garden vegetables), and having me read from Bailey White's new book, Nothing with Strings.

Please pray that the pain will go away, and that she will not require stronger pain relief. Also, please pray that she is able to get a good night's sleep.

Please pray that she will be able to enjoy the next few days. More children, siblings, nieces, and nephews begin arriving Tuesday night and Wednesday. She's especially hoping that she'll feel a little better pm Thanksgiving Day.

Posting will be hit-and-miss over the next few days. We don't have Internet access at my parents' house. We are able to see your comments, though, as they are viewable on Harvey's cell phone.

7 comments:

G said...

Laura, Are you going to put someone in charge of pita bread and humus? I know I have spelled it wrong but I wish I had some right now....no beans to smash... no pita to tear......Enjoy the time with the family!!! Hugs to all

The Nifty Gifter said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtrnB4FZ-yc&feature=email

Please watch this. I love you.

Tobi.is.Across.the.Pond said...

Hey ya'll!

Happy Thanksgiving from all the way over in England.
Miss Laura, start feeling better! I love you all!

-tobi

G said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Renee Collins said...

Laura, I've been thinking about you and your family and what a great time you all had together. I wish I was there so you could tell me all about the events-I have always enjoyed the after holiday updates-I miss having lunch with you!!! Love to all, Renee

The Nifty Gifter said...

Hey Laura, It was really good seeing everyone. Dinner went off very well and I'm sure it's because we all had your satisfaction in mind. I hope the weather is alright and you can sit on the porch and say, "Oh oh oh, there's a squirrel. Oh no, there it goes."
If its too cold I guess you'll just have to play MIND CONNECTION with Carrie. Ha ha.

Phyl said...

Laura, I hope you're feeling better today. This link was too cool not to send. Copy & paste in browser.
Love Ya!
Phyl

http://pages.suddenlink.net/baraboo57/checkingonu.html