Thursday, November 20, 2008

Let the Fight Begin!


Another note from Laura:

I am tired now! First round (or cycle as they say at the hospital) has begun. A long day but not unpleasant. My chemo nurse was DeeDee and my research nurse is Kathy. They took good care of me.

The interesting stuff that went on in the chemo ward were things I had not thought about.

  • If you don't get there in time for The Today Show you watch Judge Mathis and then you get to see Judge Judy.
  • After that, somebody (today it was Steve) turns the channel to The Young and the Restless (at which point a sandwich and soup were served).
  • Then came Days of Our Lives.
  • The ones of us that were left after that were mostly konked out.
  • The remaining ones caught glimpses of Rachel Ray with special guest Vanna White at 51 years old!
  • Then it was time for me to go home.
  • DeeDee told me to go ride my bike and I did after Steve and I went to the store.

The end.

7 comments:

Carrie said...

I love you, Laura.

You're an encouragement to me.
Love,
chc

Harvey Chute said...

I did not know any of that.

You would think in this day and age that chemo treatment would involve better TV shows.

Tobi said...

Albany area medical establishments have such great taste in television; I know you found Judges Judy and Mathis enlightening and worth your while.

Unknown said...

WOW! We don't get to watch ANY television in the nursery at Northside....Hmmmmm, I'm thinking I should consider a job change! I loved the photo collage too, Laura. Keep up the good work!

Sandra said...

Laura will do everything in her power to continue to work thru all of this because she knows that she works for the best boss ever! She tells me often how she hates the summer time because she can't come in and work with me. While it is humbling I take it knowing that I make her life better!...seriously, she's a trouper and she's got everybody here pulling for her.

RhondaP said...

Hi, Laura! I am just thinking of you tonight! You really looked great on Friday, and I was so happy to see you! Keep up the great attitude that you have. You are an inspiration to us all! I love you, my sweet & sassy friend!

Lacy said...

pssssh! I'm all about some Rachael Ray.

Miss ya!