Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A spot...

Today Laura's oncologist called and told her that a spot on her lung "lit up" when they did the PET scan yesterday. He asked her if she'd ever had pneumonia. She said no, but she had asthmatic bronchitis and a severe "allergy-thing."

So, the next thing she has to do is go to the "lung guy" and have a bronchoscopy. The other things are on hold until the results come from the bronchoscopy. That test will be at 10:00 tomorrow.

Please pray that whatever "lit up" is not cancer and is not a problem.

The good news is that they didn't see any cancer anywhere else.

Some of you may wonder how you can post a comment on this blog. Just click the "comments" button below and it'll take you where you need to be.
If you'd like to subscribe to this blog, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on "subscribe to: posts" You'll be notified of future updates that way.

4 comments:

Harvey Chute said...

I am thinking that this is good news overall from the scan. I'm praying for some good results from the bronchoscopy.

Emily said...

Love you all!

Renee Collins said...

Hey Laura, "GoFightWin!" is my favorite cheer, especially when you shout it out using a "southern drawl" y'all. I wish I was "down" there to help lead the cheer, but you can be sure that I am leading the cheer "up" here. I'll be back in the "burg" next month and hope to see you. Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

DONNA TUREK said...

Only met you once, but Anita's friend is a friend of mine, therefore interested in your trip down this trail of survival and love your blog.Keep you focus on shrinking that devilish tumor.We are reminded we have so much to be thankful for on this Thanksgiving.
My prayers and thoughts are with you.