Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A note from Laura...

This is straight from her....

I will be participating in a clinical trial which is a type of research. In addition to the standard care for breast cancer, I will receive a drug called Avastin. All of my doctors think this drug will be a great addition to my treatment. There have been positive results reported from patients treated with this drug.

Steve and I will take an education class tomorrow that should make us well informed about the dos and don’ts while I am receiving chemo. I will have my first treatment on Thursday probably lasting 4 to 5 hours. By the second treatment my new Kindle will have arrived. This should help make the time go by much better!

I know it might be hard to accept the fact that all this might make me a sweeter person. Right now I just want to say I love you all. I’ll try to remain pretty much like I usually am but I might get mushy every once in a while.
.
.
P.S. This summer in Bellingham, our Lebanese friends read Laura's coffee. After she drank it she pressed her thumb print into what was left in the cup -- whatever the picture said was her "fortune." There was an elephant with its trunk sticking out...
They told us that means "good luck."
:-)

5 comments:

Kim Conley said...

Sounds like things are looking up! We are all praying for you at the 9th grade campus. Let us know if you need anything!

kenzibrooke said...

hey mrs kitchens
i missed you today. im hoping things are going well for you.
ill be thinking of you lots.
<3kenzi brooke & brandon

G said...

Hmmm ....elephant in the bottom of her cup... shaking head... From her lone Republican friend, that is as close to me (ideologically speaking)as she'll ever get... Good vibes coming your way from the burg-and you know me and mush-that is a word I associate with the Eskimos-by the way-grandson number 2 should be here tomorrow or Friday

Zuneamama said...

G, ideologically speaking, you got that right on the elephant! I had no idea about grandson #2!

Tobi.is.Across.the.Pond said...

I can't wait to see you when I get home! I am glad to hear about the treatment you will be receiving; only the best care for Special K.
love.
:)