Thursday, January 13, 2011

















Laura has been in Atlanta since Sunday afternoon. She and Lisa left Leesburg early so they could beat the ice storm that was gonna hit on Monday.

As you might recall, Monday was the day she was supposed to have blood work to make sure she would be ready for chemo next week and the transplant the week after.

Unfortunately, the weather in Atlanta made it impossible for her to get to Emory and I think the medical staff there had trouble getting into work. So, she had to wait until today.

And, guess what?!!!

She's in remission!... Did you  hear what I said?! She's in remission!!! They kicked out all the bad blood cells! They don't live there anymore! Wooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooo!!

However, she still has to have the transplant... Just to make sure that those ugly cells don't ever come back. I suppose it's like they're playing a trick on the old blood cells so they can't find her anymore. (My brain isn't working right now, so I can't remember that thing that the FBI does to put someone into hiding and they give them a new identity...????)

So, please keep praying for her. She starts five days of chemo next week. Then she'll have a rest day. Then the transplant will take place on January 25th. Pray for her, the doctors, the donor, and all of our family as we try to help her the best way we can.

Love to all of you!!

6 comments:

Sandra said...

Witness Protection...that's what it's called and GOD IS SO GOOD!

Carrie said...

YES HE IS!!
(Laura's pretty good, too. ☺)

Tobi said...

I think it's Witness Protection, Carrie??? I'm not sure tho...
I AM SO EXCITED BY THIS NEWS! Your sister is one of the most amazing women I have the privilege of knowing. (Her daughter is pretty great, too.) I love you Hall/Kitchens/Chute/Llaurador peeps. :)

Tobi said...

oh, I should have read Mrs. Parker's comment...lol

Zuneamama said...

we love you all too...including Parker☺

Unknown said...

FABULOUS NEWS!!! Laura, you're a constant source of inspiration to me and I'm keeping the healing candle burning for you around the clock!

Olivia