Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Lookin' Good Feelin' Better

Today Laura and my cousin, Phyllis (who is also fighting breast cancer), attended a workshop called Look Good Feel Better. In that class they learned a lot of tricks to apply make-up and make themselves feel better during the whole chemo process.

I don't have all the details, but Laura called me on her way back to Leesburg and I got this tid-bit... One of the things that chemo patients can do to relax and feel better is to take pampering baths. Laura loves to soak in the tub, so that was good to hear, but what she really appreciated was the recipe that the instructor gave for a good bath soak.

3 glasses of red wine
1/4 c. honey
Pour two glasses of red wine and 1/4 c. honey into running water.
Pour one glass of red wine to enjoy while soaking in the tub.
:-)


I'll give more information and post pictures as soon as I get them.

Round 2 of chemo starts tomorrow.

Go Fight Win, Laura and Phyllis!

No comments: