Friday, December 12, 2008

Today Laura had the injection of Nulastin for her white blood cell count. We thought they were going to decrease the dosage, but it turns out they didn't. The chemo robs her of some of those cells so they didn't feel like they could afford to cut back. (I think I have the facts straight.)

Laura says that today she's feeling pretty nauseous, her hands are peeling and Steve is suffering from a severe sinus infection that includes a fever... She doesn't feel good, but she knows that the medicine that is making her feel so bad is also making her better.

Thanks for your notes... They're fun to read and an encouragement to her, too.

Please pray that the unpleasant side-effects will pass quickly.

7 comments:

RhondaP said...

Laura,
I am thinking of you EVERY day, and you are in my prayers each day as well. (I have a habit of praying throughout the day! You know, our job demands it. haha!) Just know that Our Lord is hearing your name SO much that He is working overtime on YOU!
love you lots & lots!
Rhonda

Phyl said...

Hope you're feeling better today kiddo. I'm thinking of you!
Love Ya!
Phyl

G said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
G said...

Laura...
I wish I had anecdote to relate that would be the cure all to get your mind off of the nausea. Perhaps, this blast from the past might give you cause to think. The local Community Clubs met to honor their members in respective categories. The biggest award was left for last-Citizen of the Year. And the winner...(in the background comes the faint pa-pa-pa-ta-dum-m-m-m-m drum roll please) Vera Shaw! Her photo made BOTH papers. I, being the renowned journalist that I am, did not want to be a hypocrite and write some trite, adjective-filled, glowing recantation of the evening and the accolades bestowed on her knowing that in the FBC her accomplishments in the sewing realm rank between null and void so, forgoing all thoughts for a Pulitzer Prize in the category of Best Bull, I declined to report the affair especially in deference to my friends (aka you and Suz) whose needles spin thread into divine garments fit for a queen. So, take that VERA!!!!! Go, Fight, win LAURA!!!!!!
p.s......Edited because I needed spell check :)

Zuneamama said...

OMG! You know Vera deserves more than nothing! I can't believe it took this long to make her citizen of the year.
Don't worry about the nausea anymore. That is gone. Just blisters on my face, hands, feet, and inside my mouth. The Magic Mouth medicine is working a little. I'll make it! In fact, I'm inspired to start sewing tomorrow!

cara2010 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cara2010 said...

Hey Mrs. Kitchens,
i hope to see you soon and i know that you can go fight win!!! i hope you have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS with your family and friends!!!