Sunday, September 26, 2010


Just a quick update....

Chemo began yesterday. It's my understanding that she'll have the chemo for 7 days in a row. Then a 3 week "break" (while other things are being checked and monitored) and then I think there will be 3 more rounds of that.

Mary Celeste has been with Laura since Thursday (thank you, Mary!). I'm going to arrive in Albany on Wednesday and will be able to stay for about a week and a half. Lisa will come while I'm there and be able to stay until the end of October. Emily will come mid-October and will be able to stay until December! Robert and Clif are making plans to come soon. Thankfully, we all overlap a little.

Some very special news: Laura and I were planning to walk in the Atlanta 3-Day together. Her plans have changed, but I'm still gonna walk. I didn't really want to do it without her, but she encouraged me to do it. And, THEN! I received an e-mail from the 3-Day people inviting me to carry the "My Sister" flag at opening and closing ceremonies. It seems that I have to do the walk. ☺ I feel fortunate to carry the flag in Laura's honor and represent all people who have a sister in the fight.

Please continue to pray and please stay in touch with Laura -- either comment here, on facebook, e-mails, cards, letters.... Shower her with love. It means a lot.

4 comments:

Sandra said...

all of us who love Laura should continue to support her and her family thru our prays so that when she's not able to have visitors she can still feel us like a warm blanket covering her with our love. This is exactly what she would do for us.
She IS the best!

Carrie said...

I like that, Sandra... I hope I get to see you next week. Thank you for loving Laura. She's pretty special!

Lisa said...

I found this quote by Martha Washington in an email my mom sent me a while back. I think it pretty much fits her. "I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."

Tobi said...

“What seems to us as bitter trials are often blessings in disguise”--Oscar Wilde