Monday, April 20, 2009

Breast Cancer 3-Day



Laura's still thinking about this, but I'm going to do a survey:

Anybody want to be on a team for Laura for the Breast Cancer 3-Day?

It's October 23-25 in Atlanta. You walk 60 miles over those three days. You bond with each other. You celebrate survivors! You walk for the memory of loved ones. You feel GREAT because you accomplished that goal!

Plus! You get to camp out in pink tents and they feed you!

85% of funds raised goes to the Susan B. Komen for the cure.

15% goes to the National Philanthropic Trust.

There's a $90 registration fee and each participant must raise $2300.

A friend of mine walked a few years ago and her team of 9 raised over $47,000! So, even though it seems huge, I'm pretty sure we can do it if we want to...

If you THINK you're interested, sign your name in the comments section.

8 comments:

Zuneamama said...

I don't want the team to be just for me...it is the GoFightWin team for slam dunking Breast Cancer! I've been thinking about the huge commitment it will take from anybody. $2300 is not easy to get these days and 60 miles seems like a lot. Right now I'm thinking how lucky I am that there has been enough research to pull me through. Also, I'm thinking just one chemo treatment is $33,000. If I could help one person I think I should try. And like somebody once said, if you see someone drowning you have to try to save them even if you can't swim. I'm still thinking about it but right now I think I'm going to try.

Unknown said...

I'm in.

Carrie said...

That made me want to cry, Laura. We can call it what you want, but I'm doing it 'cause your fight has made me more aware... Let's GoFightWin!

Deb Bruner said...

I'm game.. I'll have time to train..

Zuneamama said...

Debbie, You can train us!:)

Deb Bruner said...

Okay.. walk, walk, rest, water.. walk, walk, walk, rest.. water.. : )

Zuneamama said...

Got it...I just practiced around the block! I guess we need to organize a team meeting sometime soon.

HeidyZane said...

This is Heidy, Zane's wife-and I would love to walk with ya'll. Tell me how to get started!