Monday, March 9, 2009

Thoughts for/about Laura's Journey


We asked Steve, Clif, Emily and Lisa to give their thoughts on Laura's journey with cancer.
Here are their thoughts:

This is my message to Laura……………..”Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” that you can’t climb. You are almost at the top and the view will be spectacular. I’m going to be there with you! (Steve)

My mom is the strongest person I know. Even when she has cancer she still takes care of all of us. I want to have half her strength someday. (Clif)

Often it's really hard being way out here--feeling like I physically can't do anything to help out. But I try to talk to Mama everyday--sometimes we have a lot to talk about and sometimes it's just "hey, i love you." But that makes me feel more connected, in a way. From out here, it feels like she is making great progress--from what she tells me, some of the only not-so-great reports she has are that she exercises too much! (Which I always tell her to not push it--it's most important for her to get well--there will be plenty of time for exercise after all of this is done.) I also hope that she can stay as un-stressed as possible--you know how thoughtful and caring and worried she can get about all of us. I feel very thankful that she has all of the local support of friends, neighbors, the church community--it's always good to have that face-to-face contact and love. Also, I am thankful for the calls and emails and prayers and comments on this blog she receives from all over this country--literally. (Emily)

"What doesn't kill ya, makes ya stronger." This is one of the many sayings I have grown up to hear from my mother. And, as always, she is right. My mother is a fighter. Throughout these past five months, each day I am more and more amazed by my mother's strength. I've never known a woman with as much determination and self-motivation as my mom. She is not one to cry or dwell on things. She is not one to never try or give up. My mom is the kind of person that never gives up. She is the kind of person that if all odds are against her, she will beat it and, not only that, come out on top. My mom is the toughest person I know--and I would say that even if she wasn't my mother. She's got fight in her, and I don't see that letting up anytime soon. So, her progress over the past five months? I say, 'What progress? It was over before it began.' (Lisa)

No comments: