Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Update From Laura on Her Fight Against Breast Cancer


I feel as if I have the lead in this particular fight as I head into the 6th round. There are little tiny sprigs of "white" (as best I can tell) hair showing up on my scalp. I'm not that excited because there are only 3 eye lashes left on my left eye. (I have to be going some place really special to even attempt mascara.) My "dry eyes" water profusely but at least I can still see. Anyway, as the fingernails come off it is a relief not to have them snagging everything. The down side is you sure can't scratch you ear or head or anything else and really feel it. But I fight that with a stick or brush or something. One good thing for this week is I have being wanting to eat everything in sight! Still sweet stuff is not that good but that is not a bad thing at all. The food is helping strenghthen my fight.

One of the parts of the fight that I had not counted on was the endless paper work that is involved with disablity insurance and all other medical issues. My goodness, if I were not fighting to move these situations along what would become of it?!

This fight is clearly an emotional, physical, intellectual, social, and spiritual battle.
Thank goodness I have support!
Thank you all for what you do!

7 comments:

Renee Collins said...

Glad you found your gloves. Now, GFW!

Lisa said...

I love you, mama. You are the toughest fighter I know!!

Rosa said...

Hola,

Keep up the fight Laura. You are an amazing woman that in spite of everything, you still find humor (I love the mascara, 3 lash line). Your spirit and attitude are an inspiration. Hope you got my email regarding facebook, still trying to find out what the deal is.

Un abrazo fuerte, Rosa

Emily said...

your eyes are so big and beautiful already...who needs eyelashes?!

I love you, Mama!

genderist said...

Eyelashes were sooo last season...

Keep up the good fight! We're in your corner!

Unknown said...

Laura, as i see you at my spinning class each time you come it just blows me away. I wish half of the people in the world had the determation you do. You are a fighter and never give up. You are a winner in my eyes. We love you. I hope all goes well today.

Zuneamama said...

Anita, I come to spinning because you make me. You're the best spinning teacher! I love the days you make us do something I can't and then you yell out "do you hate me yet!" I love you too and all the others that post on this blog. Thanks!