Tuesday, November 16, 2010


Laura went in yesterday for labs... She'll do that every Monday, Wednesday and Friday until the transplant.

Her numbers had dropped considerably so she had the choice of staying to get 2 units of blood right then or going back today. She chose to stay -- which made for a long day.

Dr. Tongol gave her the go-ahead to have Thanksgiving with the family if her numbers go up.

The best news of the day for her was that he gave her permission to eat grapefruit, oranges, avocados, bananas, and peeled apples!!

He doesn't want her to walk around the block anymore, but did say that as long as she feels up to it, she can ride her bike (inside on the Cyclops --- see previous post.)

Emily has been faithfully fulfilling her role as Nurse Ratchett...and sometimes has help from Mary Celeste, whose other position is that of cooking delicious food. (Mary went down to hang with them last weekend.)

We continue to pray for the perfect donor to show up soon.

"I am so thankful for so much!," Laura said.

You gotta love her attitude!

6 comments:

Sandra said...

I don't think I've ever eaten an avocado. I live such a sheltered life!

Carrie said...

Are you kiddin' me!! Do you ever eat guacamole?

Sandra said...

NOPE!
Laura has always tried to get me to "broaden" my palate but I've fought her tooth (no pun intended) and nail

Carrie said...

You're missin' out... Trust Laura (and me).

Sandra said...

next time you're here...we'll have to try it...together

Carrie said...

:-)