Friday, June 19, 2009

A Fruitful Day for Laura

Just received an e-mail update from Laura on what a lovely day she, Steve and Emily had last Monday... Here's her report:

Ok, I don't how it happened, but I was able to get out of the house and actually go on a 4 mile walk that I loved!...even in the morning heat. Emily (Nurse Ratchet) was hesitant but went along with it. Steve was in it for the blackberries I said were out there. Anyway, my crew let me hike through town and then the woods just to pick black berries. It was a great time and I felt so much better that when I got home, I decided to make a blackberry cobbler and have fresh vegetables for dinner.

I counted it as therapy but Emily monitored the activities I did the rest of the day. I obliged her rules the rest of the day with the understanding that, if I didn't do anything else, I would go to spinning class at 6:00. It worked and I got to the class!

That was one of my favorite days!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

wish i was there! love y'all!!

Zuneamama said...

You would have loved it! And I wish you had been there too!

genderist said...

Sounds fantastic!